Tuesday, October 13, 2009

Hurray for Primary

I'd like to say a "thank you" to the Church's primary program. CT has been in Primary for almost 10 months now, and I continue to be surprised that he is actually learning things there. I have to admit that taking advantage of daily opportunities to discuss gospel principles is not really my strongest attribute. We say family prayer, read the scriptures every night before the kids go to bed, and have Family Home Evening, but other than that I don't think a lot about making sure I'm teaching my children major points of doctrine every day. I'm thankful that primary is filling in some of my gaps.

Last night for FHE we sang the song "The First Article of Faith" a couple of times. Then we discussed the fact that we believe in Heavenly Father, Jesus Christ, and the Holy Ghost. We were talking a little bit about each of these separately. When we got to the Holy Ghost CT said "You can't see the Holy Ghost, but you can hear him." Thank you, Sharing Time! Thank you, Sunbeam teachers! And then, in true CT style, he said something that cracked us up. He said "Now if everyone around here would stop being so noisy so I could hear the Holy Ghost!"

3 comments:

rachelsaysso said...

Sassy.

Amanda said...

Amem CT. I bet you wouldn't mind it being a little quieter.

hharding said...

That is so cute! I am grateful there are others out there to help us out, it's great that he's actually paying attention.