Tuesday, December 23, 2008

Don't Quote Me

Indulge me. I have all of these little slips of paper in a pile on which I jot down funny things CT says. I'm going to transfer some of them to this post. I don't know if they will seem funny now, but if you try to picture his little voice and face, it might be more like it. Here goes:

11/5/07 (1 year ago):
CT was outside in the yard.
CT: Mom, can you come outside and help me with my work?
Me: What are you doing?
CT: I'm digging a hole out here.
Me: I don't know if Dad wants you to dig a big hole in the grass.
CT: But that's what boys do!

12/13/07:
On a Very Foggy Day
CT: Mom, do we have a big fan? We need to get it out and blow all of these clouds away.

12/15/07:
I ran into Braum's (our favorite ice cream shop) while the family waited in the car. I came out and said to Tyler "They have Cherry Limeades coming out of their ears in there", because that's Tyler's favorite thing and sometimes they don't have it. A minute later as we were driving down the road I hear CT say to Lil:
"Lily, did you know Mom saw people with cherry limeades coming out of their ears in there?"

2 months ago:
Tyler was sanding some furniture in the garage with his electric sander. CT wanted to watch so Tyler gave him a speech about not getting his hands too close. Lily then came out to the garage and CT said:
"You can't touch your hands on there Lil. It's a curious business, right?"

Obviously I need to do better at writing down Lily's quotes because I can't think of any of hers to write down. She's funny though, trust me. What little child do you know that isn't?

1 comment:

hharding said...

That is hillarious! I love the things that kids say and how they figure things out. I'm so glad you're sharing those quotes cuz I miss all of you like crazy and at least I get to see what great kids they are growing up to be.